Status Shift: Part Time
Location: Jersey Shore Hospital - 1020 Thompson Street - Jersey Shore, PA 17740
Under the supervision of the Manager of Cardiopulmonary, the Certified Respiratory Therapist is responsible for the administration of all procedures as identified within the departmental Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Accurately administers Respiratory Care procedures (Small Volume Aerosol, Incentive Spirometer, Chest Physiotherapy/ Postural Drainage, heated and cool mist aerosol therapy and oxygen therapy, ventilator set-up, management, troubleshoot, weaning and extubation). Also BiPAP and CPAP set-up, management and troubleshoot.
- Accurately applies Holter Monitors, performs EKGs, and assists the attending physician in performing all phases of cardiac stress testing (ETT).
- Accurately prepares and enters patient response to therapy and diagnostic procedures onto appropriate forms (both medical and accounting records and MediTech orders and charges).
- Performs oxygen therapy rounds and performs pulse oximetry.
- Schedules patient testing, distributes reports and maintains a departmental record filing system for data retrieval as needed.
- Knowledgeable in the fundamentals of pulmonary function testing.
- Maintains departmental and floor medications and equipment on a per level inventory and controls status.
- Assists in providing cardiopulmonary orientation to all new nursing personnel as requested.
- Assist nursing and physicians in identifying patient needs and selecting appropriate diagnostics and treatment to patients with the goal of preventing deterioration and improving the health of the patient.
- Participates in the Cardiopulmonary Department’s QPI plan.
- Serves on Hospital committees and participates in committee evaluation processes as necessary.
- Promotes and participates in programs which enhance a positive public image of the Hospital and Department of Nursing.
- Respond and assist as part of the Assessment Team and provide Basic Life Support in emergency situations.
- Perform equipment cleaning and preventative maintenance.
Three (3) years of experience in clinical cardiopulmonary medicine required.
Education & Training
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Graduate of an accredited school for respiratory care.
Current Basic Life Support Certification.
ACLS certification preferred.
Licensure, Certification & Registration
Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) license.
For consideration please contact:
Jersey Shore Hospital
1020 Thompson Street
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
570-398-3105 or email email@example.com