Department: Central Registration
Status Shift: Part Time
Schedule: 3 days per week, 2nd & 3rd shifts, every other weekend
Location: Jersey Shore Hospital - 1020 Thompson Street - Jersey Shore, PA 17740
Under the supervision of the Director of Central Registration, the Central Registration Clerk is responsible for assuring the appropriate registration of inpatients and outpatients. The Central Registration Clerk is also responsible for reporting any untoward events to the Director of Central Registration immediately.
- Assures the accuracy of inpatient and outpatient information obtained for the efficient registration and/or admission of all patients’ receiving Hospital services.
- Accurately and politely directs patients and visitors to appropriate Hospital location.
- Accurately distributes all paperwork generated from the Registration process to the proper location.
- Addresses questions raised by the Director of Utilization Case Management to the best of ability following established departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Completely understands and utilizes established departmental and organization policies and procedures for notifying appropriate staff members regarding the oxygen and blood bank alarms. Utilized departmental policies, procedures and protocols for appropriate operation of oxygen and blood bank alarms.
- Effectively interacts with other departments to convey issues or concerns with Insurance coverage or admission process.
- Courteously and professionally answers the Hospital’s main switchboard and directs callers to the appropriate destination.
- Professionally utilizes the paging system, according to established procedures, to page staff members and members of the medical staff as needed and/or requested. Maintain all required logs.
- Helps with other tasks as needed.
- Demonstrates excellent customer relation skills.
- Prior experience working with the public strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with Medicare, Medicaid and insurance information preferred.
- Prior experience working in a healthcare environment preferred
Education & Training:
- Education with emphasis on business and/or computer technology and general office duties preferred.
- Completion of some college courses preferred.
For consideration please contact:
Jersey Shore Hospital
1020 Thompson Street
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
570-398-3105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org