Department: Nutrition & Dietary Services
Status Shift: PRN
Schedule: As needed
Location: Jersey Shore Hospital - 1020 Thompson Street - Jersey Shore, PA 17740
Under the supervision of the Director of Nutrition and Dining Services and/or the VP of Nursing the Registered Dietitian is responsible for the nutritional aspects of patient care and assures the quality of nutritional care provided to patients.
- Responsible for the nutritional screenings and education for inpatients of all ages to ensure quality nutritional care. Interviews, assesses, instructs and charts nutritional information in patients’ Nutritional Notes.
- Coordinates community education programs.
- Provides medial nutritional therapy for outpatients.
- Responsible for regularly evaluating and developing performance plans and standards for the department which are in compliance with the standards of inspecting bodies and Hospital policies and procedures to ensure quality control.
- Develops, implements and records trending of clinical quality assurance reports.
- Plans, develops and evaluates patient cycle menu according to approved diet manual.
- Assists in planning and conducting in-service training for department staff, nursing staff and medical staff.
- Participates on committees and in Hospital sponsored in-service programs.
- Assist in updating departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists with budgeting for patient, staff and community outreach education.
For consideration please contact:
Jersey Shore Hospital
1020 Thompson Street
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
570-398-3105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org