- Performs clerical duties necessary for patient care to include answering phones and directing calls appropriately, performing tasks necessary when ordering tests, maintaining a neat and orderly nurses’ station desk area.
- Retrieves old patient records for use by the ER clinicians.
- Transports patients to ancillary departments when needed and assists with transport of patients when admitted.
- Assists with patients to the restroom, makes beds and assists with stocking and ordering as needed.
- Under the supervision of the professional nurse, performs, obtains and records vital signs, I & O, specimen collection, weight and other duties as assigned.
- Helps with other tasks as needed.
- Demonstrates excellent customer relation skills.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Medical background preferred.
Education & Training:
- High school diploma or GED
- Medical Secretary/Assistant, CNA, or EMT preferred
EQUIPMENT, MACHINERY, & TOOLS USED: Suction equipment, telephone, wheelchairs, floor scales, thermometers, sphygmomanometer, stethoscope, BP monitor, transport litters, med radio, computer, fax machines, cardiac monitor, 12 lead EKG machine.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Physical Requirements - Must be in good physical condition so employee can run, lift, sit, bend, climb, push, pull and restrain.