Status Shift: Full Time
Schedule: 7 days on/7 days off, every other weekend
Location: Jersey Shore Hospital - 1020 Thompson Street - Jersey Shore, PA 17740
Under the supervision of the Hospitalist physician, the physician assistant assesses, diagnoses and treats medical problems on in-patients at Jersey Shore Hospital. The physician assistant also assists during special procedures and aids the hospital staff and personnel as needed. All work activities are performed under the direction of supervising physicians and in accordance with the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine approved physician – physician assistant agreement.
- Under the supervision of the Hospitalist, provides general medical care i.e. history, physical exam, assessment and treatment to patients in the in-patient and swing-bed setting.
- Prescribes and administers medication, under the direction and guidance of supervising physicians.
- Refers patients for consultation or transfer to another facility.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests.
- Communicates appropriately with the supervising physician regarding the patient’s status and treatment plans.
- Communicates with the patient and their families as needed regarding the patient’s status and treatment needs.
- Provides oral, &electronic/ written home instructions and patient education appropriate to the patient’s diagnosis.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring continued professional growth.
- Attends Hospital functions and meetings when appropriate.
- Serves on committees as requested.
- Maintains awareness of professional issues on the local, state and national levels that impact the delivery of patient care.
Prior experience in Primary Care or in-patient medicine preferred
Education & Training:
Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant training program.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Certification by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants Licensure by the State of Pennsylvania
For consideration please contact:
Jersey Shore Hospital
1020 Thompson Street
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
570-398-3105 or email email@example.com