Department: Information Technology
Status Shift: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Location: Jersey Shore Hospital - 1020 Thompson Street - Jersey Shore, PA 17740
Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and in collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), the Registered Nurse Informatics Specialist works directly with providers and nurses to ensure consistent use, support, and optimization of clinical information technology. The Registered Nurse Informatics Specialist works with the IT Clinical Analyst to support the provider and nursing Electronic Health Record (EHR) environment.
Technical Systems Support:
- Receives requests and works with physicians, clinicians, IT and nursing in order to resolve issues. Uses the helpdesk ticketing system to document requests and solutions.
- Receives and clarifies requests for enhancements and modifications to clinical content; works with stakeholders throughout the process;
- Works with clinical vendors and supports clinical software applications, namely EHR systems and associated software, as required;
- Reviews workflow and recommends solutions;
- Tests solutions in the working environment with stakeholders;
- Provides on-call assistance as needed.
Written and Verbal Communication:
- Liaises with physicians, nurses, clinical providers, and IT; Documents and communicates clinical solutions and updates;
- Identifies support trends and training needs; recommends remedies;
- Prepares training documents, coaches, orients, trains physicians, providers, and nurses;
- Notifies management and technical staff about any potential problems associated with the hospital computing environment and systems;
- Provides input to policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within the Hospital;
- Participates in committee assignments as required.
- Acts as project lead or project resource for physicians, nurses, clinical providers and IT with given clinical technology implementation projects;
- Assists in testing new and existing clinical applications under development or consideration for purchase;
- Assists in implementing applications which support the successful adoption of health information technology into the patient care process by physicians and providers;
- Assists clinicians in identifying appropriate workflows to efficiently integrate computer applications into the patient care processes.
The Registered Nurse Informatics Specialist position requires a minimum of two years of experience in a nursing setting with technical support of clinical information systems in direct interaction with clinical providers.
- Experience in clinical EHR applications and software such as Dragon, discharge instructions, electronic prescribing, order sets, nursing assessments, etc;
- Knowledge of Meaningful Use principles and objectives;
- Possess strong customer service skills and a working knowledge of technological procedures;
- Superior telephone etiquette skills in answering phone and initiating phone calls and web meetings;
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and inherent decision-making ability;
- Able to take initiative and be assertive to solve problems;
- Ability to organize work in an efficient manner and manage multiple, competing priorities;
- Familiarity with desktop, notebook, handheld, network, computer hardware and peripherals;
- Knowledge of various office productivity software programs such as word processing, databases, spreadsheet programs, and communications software;
- Knowledge and experience with thin client computing;
- Work well under stress and time pressures to meet deadlines;
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively at all levels within the organization;
- Work with minimal direct supervision;
- Accurate typing and data entry skills via PC keyboard;
- Read and comprehend printed data/information, and data/information displayed on PC monitor;
- Recognize discrepancies in written/recorded data/information.
Education & Training:
The Registered Nurse Information Specialist position requires clinical communications and analytical skills normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in clinical informatics, nursing, health technologies, or a related field, or equivalent clinical technology training in a computer-related field.
Licensure, Certification, Registration & Evaluation:
Registered Nurse (RN) required
Demonstrated ability to:
- Relate to all levels of the user community;
- Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members;
- Plan, implement and support systems in a complex environment;
- Set and manage priorities;
- Comprehend complex, technical subjects;
- Translate technical language to lay audiences;
- Link and apply complex technologies to organizational mission;
For consideration please contact:
Jersey Shore Hospital
1020 Thompson Street
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
570-398-3105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org