Status Shift: PRN
Schedule: As needed
Location: Jersey Shore Hospital - 1020 Thompson Street - Jersey Shore, PA 17740
Under the supervision of the Administrative Director of the Laboratory, the Medical Technologist performs collection and chemical, hematological, bacteriological, serological and microscopic procedures in one or more of the functional laboratory sections.
- Performs procedures in one or more analytical functional areas of the laboratory.
- Adept in the use of LIS, in regards to pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical processes.
- Reviews and records procedure performance, patient results, quality control, proficiency testing, and equipment function. Comments on and takes corrective action on out-of-range results.
- Performs venous, capillary and arterial blood collections for all age categories of patients in an efficient and safe manner, exercising standard precautions and isolation procedures.
- Maintains equipment in accordance with defined policies and protocols and logs preventative and remedial maintenance of equipment. Responsible for troubleshooting of instrumentation for STAT testing.
- Supports co-workers in the proper methods and procedures, and helps evaluate new methodology and procedures. Performs both DOT and Non-DOT drug collection and breath alcohol testing.
For consideration please contact:
Jersey Shore Hospital
1020 Thompson Street
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
570-398-3105 or email email@example.com