Department: Physical Therapy
Status Shift: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, with weekend patient rotation with other PT’s
Location: Tiadaghton Health Center, 529 High Street, Lock Haven, PA
Under the direction of the Director of Rehab Services, the Physical Therapist supervises and participates in the application of a wide variety of physical therapy techniques for the rehabilitation of patients with physical disabilities, injuries or diseases. The care provided is for adults, adolescent and older patients. Pediatric patients are treated for burns, open wounds, orthopedic injuries, and developmental conditions depending on the severity and comfort level of the therapist.
Safely provides appropriate treatment to all patients, based on current standards of practice. Monitors patient progress and modifies treatment accordingly. Provides appropriate patient education.
Conducts appropriate and thorough evaluation procedures on referred patients, both inpatients and outpatients. Establishes appropriate and realistic goals and a plan of care for patient outcomes, documenting clinical reasoning and medical necessity of care.
Physical Therapist (PT) Performs daily documentation on patient care that is legible and provides ongoing clinical reasoning and medical necessity for plan of care. Appropriately documents treatments times and completes billing based on accepted guidelines. Performs timely certification/re-certification Plans of Care for Medicare and other payors as required.
Physical Therapist (PT) Monitors safety, care & cleaning of equipment and maintenance of the department.
Performs public relations functions, maintains open communication with the medical and general community in promoting physical therapy services
- Seeks advice and guidance from supervisor and/or staff as necessary, open to learning from other members of the rehabilitation team.
Physical Therapist (PT) Assist Director of Rehab Services in setting realistic individual and departmental priorities, goals and performance standards which are consistently met.
- Actively supports and participates in the Hospital’s in-service educational training programs.
- Assists in maintaining supplies in the department, notifying Rehab Aide, Secretary and/or Director of Rehabilitation Services as necessary.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a B.S. or higher Physical Therapy degree.
- Must be licensed under the state of Pennsylvania.
- Valid driver’s license.
- CPR certification.
For consideration please contact:
Jersey Shore Hospital
1020 Thompson Street
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
570-398-3105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org