Status Shift: PRN
Schedule: As needed
Location: Jersey Shore Hospital - 1020 Thompson Street - Jersey Shore, PA 17740
Under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy, the Relief Pharmacist is responsible for organizing, directing, coordinating, implementing the activities of pharmacy services in the absence of the Director.
- In the absence of the director, directs the delivery of pharmacy service based upon needs of patients consistent with other health disciplines and demands of the medical staff.
- In the absence of the director, bears responsibility for acquisition, safe storage, distribution and recording of all controlled substances throughout the hospital.
- In the absence of the director, provides direction and guidance to staff within the department for implementation of optimum standards of pharmacy practice.
- Experience Prior pharmacy experience required. Hospital Pharmacy and Meditech experience preferred.
- Education & Training Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Pharmacy.
- Licensure, Certification & Registration A licensed pharmacist in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed for interaction with physicians and staff.
- Employee performs within the prescribed limits of the hospital’s Ethic’s and Compliance program. Is responsible to detect, observe and report compliance variances to their immediate supervisor, or, upward through the chain of command, Director of Legal Compliance or hospital hotline.
For consideration please contact:
Jersey Shore Hospital
1020 Thompson Street
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
570-398-3105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org