Status Shift: Full Time
Schedule: 5 days per week, salaried position
Location: Jersey Shore Hospital - 1020 Thompson Street - Jersey Shore, PA 17740
Under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, the Director of Pharmacy is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the activities of pharmacy services for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Directs the delivery of pharmacy service based upon needs of patients consistent with other health disciplines and demands of the medical staff.
- Collaborates with other departments and the medical staff in establishing objectives and achieving timely accurate results.
- Provides direction and guidance to staff within the department for development and implementation of optimum standards of pharmacy practice.
- Bears responsibility for acquisition, safe storage, distribution and recording of all controlled substances throughout the hospital. Stays up-to-date on expired drug returns.
- Conducts regular meetings with subordinate personnel to coordinate changes in policy and procedure and resolves departmental problems and to cultivate informed, harmonious working relationships within the department.
- Directs a quality assurance program within the department to provide an ongoing evaluation of Pharmacy service rendered to patients.
- Responsible for preparation and compliance with departmental budget. Ensures prompt billing of all pharmacy charges.
- Meets with medical staff as needed to review quality of pharmacy service being provided.
- Conducts Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee at least quarterly.
- Actively participates in Department Head meetings.
- Sits on committees as assigned.
- Experience Prior pharmacy experience required. Hospital Pharmacy and Meditech experience preferred. Management experience preferred.
- Education & Training Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Pharmacy.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Pharmacy and must be a licensed Pharmacist in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed for interaction with physicians and staff.
- Employee performs within the prescribed limits of the Hospital’s Ethics and Compliance Program. Is responsible to detect, observe and report compliance variances to their immediate supervisor, or, upward through the chain of command, Director of Legal Compliance or hospital hotline.
For consideration please contact:
Jersey Shore Hospital
1020 Thompson Street
Jersey Shore, PA 17740
570-398-3105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org